Innovations in Securitizations, Yearbook 2006
This book gives a great insight in the expansion of the securitisation market in the lead up to the credit crunch. Dig down into complex structures, understand market practice and learn from the past!
Among the critical features of contemporary securitisation covered are the following:
- project finance CLOs;
- securitisation of equity risk ;
- securitisation of commodity risk through commodity trigger swaps;
- the convergence of structured credit and securitisation markets;
- innovation in RMBS: negative equity transactions;
- innovation in CMBS: A/B structure
- new markets in Europe, Japan, and Islamic countries;
- catastrophe risk securitisation;
- effect of recent US bankruptcy legislation on synthetics;
- microfinance loan securitisation in emerging markets;
- public sector securitisation;
- securitisable intellectual property;
- application of accounting standards in a rapidly changing environment, and
- updated analysis of Basel II.
The practical perspective of the contributions, combined with the extensive use of case studies of key transactions, should make this volume an invaluable resource for lawyers as well as legal and business academics interested in the very latest developments in the global securitisation markets.